1. God alone is the source of a satisfying and worthwhile life.
Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11
2. There is a barrier between God and us.
Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither is his ear heavy, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your GOD, and your sins have hid his face from your, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59: 1,2
3. Our good deeds won't remove the barrier.
And we are all as one that is unclean, and our righteousness [good deeds] as filthy rags... Isaiah 64:5
4. God has provided atonement as a way of removing the barrier. Atonement demands blood.
For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul. Leviticus 17: 11
5. During temple times in Israel, animal sacrifices provided temporary atonement. Permanent atonement requires a unique sacrifice.
Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me. Psalm 40:7 (Septuagint)
6. The fifty-third chapter of Isaiah identifies this sacrifice as a man who was rejected by his people, yet whose death provided the ultimate atonement.
... he was despised, and we esteemed him not ... But he was wounded because of our transgressions, bruised because of our iniquities; his sufferings were that we might have peace, and by his injury we are healed ... but he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53: 3b, 5, 12b
7. At least 48 specific prophecies further identify this Messianic figure all of which have been fulfilled in Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth.
- He would be a descendant of King David (Jeremiah 23: 5,6)
- The city of his birth would be Bethlehem (Micah 5: 12)
- He would have a divine nature (Isaiah 9: 5,6)
- He would come before the destruction of Herod's temple in 70 C.E. (Daniel 9: 26)
- He would be executed by crucifixion (Psalm 22: 14-17)
- He would rise from the dead (Isaiah 53:10)
8. God has provided perfect atonement (forgiveness of sins) through the sacrifice of the Messiah, Yeshua (Jesus). All who place their trust in Him have restored fellowship with God and assurance of eternal life.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name... John 1: 12 (New Covenant)
All references from the Jewish Bible unless otherwise noted.
Tweet this page address!